Steps for Writing a Research Paper Abstract
How to Write Research Paper Abstracts
A research paper abstract is basically a brief synopsis of the contents of the entire paper; it summarizes the theme and the other important facts of the paper.
Abstracts are important in most types of essays and particularly in research papers. Often writing an abstract is overlooked by writers, not realizing that it is majorly responsible for the success of a custom essay as it makes the first impression on the readers.
Research paper abstracts are written with mainly all high school and college assignments.
ProfEssays.com custom essay writers have mentioned below the types of abstracts and certain point to help writers draft a research paper abstract.
There are basically two types of abstracts:
- 1. Informative abstract – which concisely describes the matter of the research paper
- 2. Descriptive abstract – is one which discusses in detail the purpose of the paper and all the contents of it.
The steps involved in writing an appropriate research paper abstract include:
- Identifying the type of abstract which is meant to be written for the essay. This is most of the time defined by the tutor or instructor, in case there is no guidelines given then it is best to write an informative abstract.
- A research paper abstract should primarily include:
- The significance of the research paper topic that has been researched on
- The hypothesis that has been discussed in the paper
- The main facts and findings of the research
- And the conclusion of the findings
- The writer must keep the abstract brief yet informative and should write it in a way to lure the reader to read the entire paper.
- Writers should keep in mind that the abstract is different form an essay introduction and hence, not to use the thesis statement in the abstract.
- The research paper abstract should not exceed over a page.
- Writer should keep in mind not to include any references, figures or tables in the abstract.
- Proofreading the abstract to make certain that all the necessary information has been incorporated and that it is free from all writing errors is essential.
These are the basic steps involved in writing a research paper abstract; however, the same steps are applied to writing an abstract for any other type of an essay.