How to Avoid Plagiarism in Your Essay
In continuation of the topic we raised before, the ProfEssays writers are willing to share their experience as to how to avoid plagiarism in the essay.
Some students prefer copy-pasting of the material, which results in plagiarism, however, even diligent students who complete term papers and essays by themselves, can be involuntarily caught at plagiarism due to wrong referencing. So here are some tips on how to avoid plagiarism in your paper:
- acknowledge the writer and the source when copying from it
- don’t use someone else’s ideas as your own, if you need to put emphasis on certain idea, don’t forget to say who it pertains to.
- do not paraphrase someone’s words, try to give your own interpretation of the situation, your own ideas and your own understanding of the problem
- the most effective way to avoid plagiarism is to cite every source you use, every sentence taken from a book, a journal article or an Internet web-site. Thus you do not claim these are your sentences or your ideas.
- when doing a research, document every source you use, thus you won’t miss anything from the start
- if it’s impossible to avoid paraphrasing, try to write from your memory without looking at the book.
ProfEssays writers hope these tips will be of assistance to everyone who wants to produce original custom essays.